Tenet Palm Beach County Hospitals to Host Healthy Over Hungry Cereal Drive from June 7-14Jun 11, 2019
Delray Medical Center, Good Samaritan Medical Center, Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center, St. Mary’s Medical Center, Palm Beach Children’s Hospital and West Boca Medical Center is leading a community effort to provide area children and adults struggling with hunger with a healthy breakfast during the summer through its Healthy Over Hungry® Cereal Drive benefitting the following places:
- Delray Medical Center: CROS Ministries/Caring Kitchen of Delray
- Good Samaritan Medical Center: Feeding South Florida
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center: Feeding South Florida
- St. Mary’s Medical Center & Palm Beach Children’s Hospital: Boys and Girls Club of Palm Beach County
- West Boca Medical Center: Boca Helping Hands
The drive kicks off Friday, June 7 and runs through Friday, June 14.
“In Palm Beach County, we understand the health issues children face from hunger and poor nutrition,” said Maggie Gill, chief executive officer for the Tenet Palm Beach Market, “We recognize the importance of beginning each day with a nutritious breakfast and, through this drive, we hope to help the many in our community struggling with food insecurity. We invite you to help kids be Healthy Over Hungry® this summer.”
Whole-grain cereal, when part of a healthy, balanced breakfast including dairy, fruit and lean protein, is a popular food item that experts say can easily address the hunger gap during the summer months when children are not in school.