Sports Medicine

Get back in the game

An injury at the gym, on the court, or even during a game of touch football in the backyard could land you in the office of one of our sports medicine physicians or orthopedic surgeons.

When to go to the ER, and when to see a doctor

If you have a significant injury, with severe pain, swelling, numbness, or an inability to put any weight on the injured area, it’s usually best to go to the emergency room.

If the injury doesn’t seem severe, rest at home and call your doctor for guidance and a possible referral to a sports medicine specialist. You can even use our online Find a Physician tool to find one who can work with your specific needs.